- Silversea ships are equipped to offer wireless (Wi-Fi) Internet access. Guests can use their own laptop to surf the Internet and check emails at Wi-Fi locations throughout the ship, or from the comfort and privacy of their suite. Computers, email and Internet access are also available on board at the Internet Café. However, it is important to understand that telecommunication services while at sea are via satellite and significantly different than high-speed connections on land back home. The signal travels in a similar manner to radio waves but at much greater distances. Therefore, onboard Internet access is not guaranteed at all times. Satellite communications are also affected by weather and the ship's location. In particular, Internet service is extremely sporadic while in the Arctic. Guests aboard expedition cruises to/from Svalbard should be prepared to be out of communication for the duration of their time on board. (Please be assured that Silver Explorer always has emergency communication capabilities.)
Internet Service Fees
The same rates apply, whether accessing the Internet via personal laptop or via the Internet Café computers. All charges are posted directly to guests' onboard account. No credit is given for unused Time Plan minutes. Rates shown are in US dollars and are subject to change.
- Basic Rate: $0.50 per minute (pay as you go)
- Time Plan 1: 100 minutes for $45 ($0.45 per minute)
- Time Plan 2: 250 minutes for $85 ($0.34 per minute)
- Time Plan 3: 1000 minutes for $250 ($0.25 per minute)
- Each Silversea ship is equipped with a Medical Centre, which is customarily staffed by a doctor and nurse on 24-hour call when at sea. When docked, supplementary emergency care may also be obtained through local medical facilities.
- At the time of booking, expectant mothers are required to supply a medical certificate establishing their fitness for travel at the time they are due to travel. Silversea is unable to accommodate women who have entered their twenty-fourth (24th) week of pregnancy during their voyage, and will not be responsible or liable for any complication relative to any pregnancy during the entire duration of the cruise or thereafter. Additionally, airlines may have restrictions that may differ from Silversea’s. Please contact your travel professional or airline.
- In consideration of evolving consumer trends, and to further promote a safe, comfortable and enjoyable environment for all Silversea guests, staff and crew, the smoking policy was updated on January 1, 2013.
Smoking is NOT allowed in:
- Guest suites and guest suite verandas
- All Public Areas, Lounges and Bars
Smoking (including Cigars, Pipes and Cigarettes) is allowed in:
- The Connoisseur's Corner.
- In addition, tables and seating have been made exclusively available outside the Panorama Lounge, the Pool Bar, and specified areas of open decks.
- Tables and seating have been made available outside La Terrazza for cigarette smoking exclusively.
Wheelchair Access & Special Needs
- Guests who rely upon wheelchairs must bring their own. Please note that not all shore excursions are suitable for guests with impaired mobility.
All guests are required to report in writing to Silversea at the time their reservation is made:
- Any physical or mental condition that may require medical or professional treatment or attention during the voyage
- Any condition that may render the guest unfit for travel, or that may require special care or assistance
- Any condition that may pose a risk or danger to the guest or anyone else onboard the ship
- Any condition that may require oxygen for medical reasons
- Any intention or need to use a wheelchair aboard ship.
By booking passage and by boarding the ship, the guest represents and warrants that they are physically and otherwise fit to travel, and that the guest will comply at all times with applicable rules and regulations of the ship and orders and instructions of the ship's officers and medical staff. Silversea reserves the right, without liability, to require a guest to disembark and/or to refuse to board and transport a guest who, in the judgment of Silversea or the ship's Master, is unfit to travel or may require care beyond that which Silversea is reasonably able to provide. Those guests requiring wheel-on and/or wheel-off access must contact Silversea prior to making a booking. Silversea reserves the right to deny boarding to any guest who failed to notify Silversea of such requirement at the time of booking.