Click on the red marker to access driving directions and more.
From Cape Town International Airport:
- Follow the exit signs at the airport to the N2 highway traveling away from central Cape Town towards Somerset West
- After 2 miles take the exit marked R300 on your left which will connect you to the N1 highway towards Paarl/Worcester
- Take exit 47, which is sign posted for Klapmuts/Stellenbosch/Wellington and follow the directions below
- Once you leave the city look for the N1 highway and then head west from Cape Town towards Paarl/Worcester. Once you have joined the N1 follow it for roughly 40km
- Take exit 47, which is sign posted for Klapmuts/Stellenbosch/Wellington
- Turn right onto the R44 in the direction of Stellenbosch. Butterfly World will be on your left.
- Pass through a traffic light and then you’ll cross a bridge over the railway. After 300m turn left onto the R45 which is sign posted for Franschhoek – follow this road for almost 9km passing wine estates Glen Carlou, Rupert & Rothschild and later Vrede & Lust
- This road comes to a natural end at a T-junction just after you’ve crossed a disused railway. Turn right onto the R45 signposted to Franschhoek (two strands of the same road merge here)
- You will now drive towards Franschhoek – roughly 18km – through an area called Simondium, passing L’Ormarins and later La Motte wine estates
- As you reach the center of Franschhoek Village, turn right into Bordeaux Street (you’ll first pass Kruger and De Larey Streets on the right) and follow that road – from this point Mont Rochelle is sign posted
- At the bottom of Bordeaux Street carry on straight as the road veers to the left – this is a short section of Cabriere Street, and then turn right onto Daniel Hugo Street. Keep following the signs to Mont Rochelle Hotel & Vineyard – you’ve got just over a kilometer to go!
- You’ve now arrived at Mont Rochelle!