Click on the red marker to access driving directions and more.
Directions from Keahole-Kona International Airport (KOA) to Mauna Kea Beach Hotel:
- As you leave the Airport, turn left onto Queen Kaahumanu Highway 19, heading toward Kawaihae.
- Drive north about 27 miles, approximately 30 minutes.
- Half-way point: after about 15 minutes you will come to a stoplight (near the Waikoloa Resort area), from this point you are half way there.
- 2-mile landmark: look for the signs for the small town of Puako (from this turn off you are about 2 miles from the hotel entrance).
- 1-mile landmark: You'll pass the state highway sign for Hapuna Beach State Park, go over the overpass and look for the entrance to Mauna Kea Beach Hotel approximately one mile past this mark.