The Rock Lodge is on the summit of a koppie set against the backdrop of the Drakensberg Mountain range far in the distance. Each room has been designed with the colors of a different African tribe or region. Rock Lodge includes Ulusaba’s newest addition, Cliff Lodge, and can accommodate a total of 20-25 guests in its 10 rooms.
The Safari Lodge is built along the banks of the dry Mabrak riverbed. Guests will love the sense of adventure as they cross the “Raiders of the Lost Ark” style swing bridges between exquisite tree house rooms, created and inspired by local and natural materials, with elephants, bushbucks, lions and other local wildlife passing by. Safari Lodge can accommodate 20 guests in its 10 rooms.
Available Room Types
The Rock Lodge
- Rock Cliff Rooms x 4: size 753 sq ft, adjoining, south-facing views, rooms are spacious and en-suite bathrooms have views. Two of these rooms are built on split levels with a spiral staircase connecting the bedroom and bathrooms. Complimentary Wi-Fi access available.
- Rock Suite x 1: size 1582 sq ft, spacious 2-bedroom suite with living area and iPod docking station. Master Bedroom has full en-suite, 2nd bedroom has queen bed that cannot split into twin and smaller en-suite bathroom without bath. Second bedroom does not have a Bush view.
- Master Suite x 1: 1238 sq ft, built on 3 levels with beautiful views, en-suite bathroom, private balconies with infinity plunge pool, living area, telescope and iPod docking station. Complimentary Wi-Fi access available.
- Makwela Suites x 2: size 1346 sq ft, built on 2 levels with private balconies, full en-suite bathrooms as well as outdoor showers, infinity plunge pool, living area and separate study/library. Each has a luxurious old-out sleeper couch, suitable for children and in-room complimentary internet access. Complimentary Wi-Fi access available.
- Cliff Lodge Suite 1: size 3659 sq ft, spacious 2-bedroom suite with one large bedroom (with 2 small pull out beds) and a second smaller bedroom which can accommodate one adult or two small children. Features private swimming pool and gym. Access via a raised walkway from the Main House. When hiring Cliff Lodge Suites 1 & 2 exclusively rates include private game vehicle and chef. Available individually 4 months prior to guest arrival. Maximum occupancy is 2 adults and 2 children. Complimentary Wi-Fi access available.
The Safari Lodge
Safari Rooms x 1: size 323 sq ft, adjoining, close to Main Lodge, no swing bridge access, large viewing decks. Smallest rooms at Safari Lodge. En-suite bathrooms with great views. Safari Rooms are only available when booking all 11 rooms at Safari Lodge for exclusive use.
Elephant rooms x 3: size 646 sq ft, built tree house style high above the Bush but still quite close to the Main House. Rooms are spacious and en-suite bathrooms have views. Large viewing decks.
River rooms x 4: size 1076 sq ft, built tree house style – very private. River 1 is not accessed by swing bridge and is quite close to communal areas. Rest are accessed by swing bridges, with River 4 being a good 4-5 minute walk from the Main Lodge. All are very spacious and ensure privacy. All en-suite bathrooms have views. 2 and 4 have infinity plunge pools.
Treehouse Suite x 1: size 1722 sq ft, spacious very private suite featuring deck with view directly over Xikwenga Dam. Situated a 10-15 minute walk along swing bridges and raised walkways from the Main Lodge. Also has large viewing deck adjacent to room perfect for breakfasts and receptions for groups of up to 16.
Safari Suite x 1: A brand new suite beginning June 2018, following a period of of refurbishment. The stunning and spacious new suite will accommodate two guests and comes complete with a private plunge pool and garden, separate lounge and large outdoor deck offering views of the Mabrak riverbed, bush and beyond. That’s not all as Ulusaba will also be opening a larger and newly refurbished Safari Room, for two people. The Safari Suite and Safari Room can be interconnected and will be available on an exclusive use basis for up to four people.